Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Messing with people and the longest movie of my life

Okay, so now I'm all out of sorts with excitement. We are at a point where we need to leave if we want to get to the movie and have a seat. I get us all going and call Randy to explain what is going on.

Here's how it went:

Mo-"Hi, I talked to CCI and our next step is to do our home study."

R-"Just so you know...I just told you mom!"

Mo-"What?!" in disbelief. "I thought we were going to wait a bit?"

R-"I'm excited! I wanted to mess with her." and proceeded to tell me the conversation.

Once we hung up he continued to call his side of the family and my immediate family while I called my aunts and cousins here in town. Over and over everyone was beyond thrilled. All the conversations began with "You're going to be a ______ again!" and ended with many joyful and ecstatic family members.

We arrived at the movie and got our seats, diveed out snacks and then sat...and watched...and sat...and my mind raced...and sat...and tried to watch...and sat...and it was done! Whew! I'm free! Now I can at least talk. Holy Cow that was torture. I worked to get us out of the theater as fast as possible. I have things to do! We did meet up with our friends and other cousins outside and were treated to a favorite drink of ours. This was very good. I could talk, process and start wrapping my brain around this.

We then went to my parents so the girls could be distracted while I made more phone calls. I called CHI and explained the situation to them and the information we had learned. We spent the rest of the day working on the Application for CHI.

No comments: