Sunday, December 6, 2009

Travel Date?!

So it's been awhile since I've blogged but that does not mean nothings been going on. Every spare minute has been filled and we have been maximizing every moment we can. I will work to get you up to speed. For now here's the latest.

Friday late afternoon we received an e-mail that had the subject line as "travel". As I saw this all I could do was yell for Randy to come to the office. As I read it informed us that there is a 90% chance that we have an Embassy date set for the very near future. This is where I lost all sense of composure and clarity of thought. I began to stutter and hyperventilate as Randy rushed into the office and I was trying to relay this exciting information. As he watched my efforts to communicate you could see the concern over what could this be all about. Between my attempts and him reading the e-mail the message was relayed and my brain was in a tail spin with no sight of recovery. I could hardly believe it. This is all real and it's happening in real life. Wow!

Now we have been asked to look for flight reservations. This is quite the experience during the holidays. I never imagined we would be getting plane tickets that cost so much at any point in our lives. To get tickets this time of year with our time frame and parameters is not a task for the faint of heart. We have a very real chance that we will be on an airplane for Christmas day. We are holding on to God's faithfulness and praying through every step of the way.

We would appreciate your prayers for the following details:
-For it to be 100% confirmed.
-For the perfect tickets regarding timing of purchase, price, timing of travel, seat location and number of layovers.
-For Micah to continue to improve and be prepared for us to come.
-For the funding to come in.
-For prep in packing, our home, the girls, etc.
-For good health for everyone in our family and those who will be helping care for our girls while we are gone.
-For clarity of thought in everything.

-also for my mom. This last week we have seen significant improvements. Please pray she continues to move forward and that she will regain her strength.

Thank you all so much!